Current eyebrow routine:
1. Groom eyebrows-tweeze any stray hairs, comb into place, use a wax strip or trim the long hairs.. basically just do whatever it is that you do to keep them things in line. (I have to tweeze strays almost everyday, my natural brows are very heavy, dark and I have a thick unibrow.)
2. Apply a highlighting cream- apply a brow highlight/concealer to your browbone, under your eyebrow. My longtime favorite is HighBrow by benefit, but any brightening concealer or highlighting pencil will work.
3. Apply brow gel- I usually set my brow hairs with a light application of brow gel at this point, just to make sure they stay in place as I draw on my outline.
4. Outline brow shape- using a sharp eyebrow pencil, outline your basic ideal shape. Don’t worry too much about making the lines crisp and perfect yet. Go ahead and blend the highlighter now, as well.
5. Blend and fill in- I use a small angled brush to blend the lines of my eyebrow. Then add a brow powder. I usually start about a quarter inch in and brush the color in towards the arch, and taper down at the end.
6. Clean up eyebrow line- Apply a concealer, highlight cream or foundation to the top brow line with a concealer brush. Blend upwards.
7. Apply tinted brow pomade, extend the arch- At this point I like to use an angled brush to apply a tinted brow pomade to sharpen my lines, extend my arch and deepen the color of my eyebrows. I used to use Laura mercier brow pomade but sadly it was discontinued. I haven’t picked out a replacement yet so currently I am switching between using a brown gel liner and the deepest color in my rcma Highlight/contour palette.